Questions to Ask Your Speaker Host Before Your Next Talk
SPEAKING IN FRONT OF THE RIGHT AUDIENCES (FILLED WITH YOUR IDEAL CLIENTS) IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO BUILD YOUR BRAND AWARENESS AND ATTRACT NEW CLIENTS.
It’s such a powerful marketing method because it instantly gives potential clients a tangible experience of you, which helps them get to know you, like you and trust you faster than almost anything else.
There are many elements involved in planning for a successful talk. One of these elements is asking your speaker host a series of questions to ensure you don’t encounter any unpleasant surprises on talk day.
As both speaker and speaker host, I’ve come to learn a thing or two about which questions are most important to ask, and I’ve compiled a done-for-you list below.
As you know, I’m all about providing you value, I appreciate you being part of my tribe, and this is my gift to you. Take it, use it and be prepared for your next talk!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR SPEAKER HOST:
- What is the date/time/location for the event?
- How long will I have to speak?
- What is the flow of your events? For example, is there time at the beginning for open networking or will I be speaking the entire time?
- How many attendees typically attend your events?
- How would you describe the people who attend your events? For example, what are they looking for? What do they struggle with that I can help them resolve? Out of my signature talks, which do you believe would be most applicable to your audience?
- Is there a projector or TV monitor in the space that I can use for slides?
- If so, does the space provide the cables I will need to connect my computer?
- Do you provide a sign-in sheet where you collect names and emails at the door? And if so, will I have access to the sign in sheet? *If no, you will have your own sign-in sheet where they will enter their name and email in exchange for a gift from you.
- Is it ok with you if I offer a complimentary session at my talk for those audience members who are interested in further support? *if no, you will offer the complimentary session via email after your talk because you will have collected attendee’s names and emails.
- May I make a paid offer at the event? (if applicable) If so, what is your commission structure?
- Is there space for me to sell my books/CDs at the event (if applicable) If so, what is your commission structure?
- How do you market the event?
- Will you provide me with a link to the event that I can share with my community?
- What do you need from me before the event?
- What time should I arrive on event day?
- How is the room set up? *You may have a preference as to how the room is set up (rows, circle, etc.), you can request that the speaker host set the room up to your liking.
- Will you introduce me before my talk?
Take the FREE quiz!
Discover Your Brand Personality...
Use the power of timeless archetypes to unleash your brand's core strengths.